The Sapphire Coast Tourism Future Project is a bespoke tourism development program designed to increase the skills and professionalism of a tourism sector, and consequently the region’s competitiveness as a destination
The strategy delivers a phased sequential approach to building new world-class experiences and improve existing products.
The Sapphire Coast Brief
While at Sapphire Coast Tourism, Anthony was tasked with looking for new opportunities to develop the Sapphire Coast’s tourism capability to exploit immediate unique advantages for the region in Cruise, International and Domestic visitation.
Tourism Future was the solution, providing solutions featuring strategies to encourage industry to rally behind around the destination, identify and stream industry into support programs and create one on one mentoring to bring new experiences to market and increase the competitiveness of the region.
The project is delivered in three phases:
- Uniting behind a vision and understanding opportunities.
- Assessing capability and identifying needs.
- Highly targeted needs based group training and one on one mentoring.
The Sapphire Coast project is in the mid-phase of being and to date, the Destination Agency has helped in facilitating:
- Increased digital capability of 26 operators
- 232 businesses impacted by tourism skills programs
- 17 businesses mentored in one on one programs
- Increase in number of business selling in trade markets
- New products and packages in markets
Talk to Anthony about delivering a better future for you with a Tourism Future program to suit your industry.
Anthony and The Destination Agency have a completely unique set of skills in destination management and tourism industry development. The insight and energy they bring to their programs is inspiring and the quality of the work they are delivering through the Tourism Future program, to support the Eden cruise industry, has been indispenable .
Natalie Godward Cruise Development Manager Port Authority of NSW